Abortion After Care for Men
KNOW THE FACTS
There may be more than 30 million men who struggle with feelings after an abortion experience.
If you initiated or supported the abortion plan, your initial reaction may have been relief. However, later the relief may be followed by conflicting feelings such as:
If you were not involved in the abortion decision and supported another option, you may have feelings of:
The feelings and reactions in both situations could be the result of Post Abortion Stress Syndrome (PASS). PASS may happen when a man is not given the opportunity to acknowledge his feelings or grieve the loss (es) associated with the abortion.
POSSIBLE PASS SYMPTOMS
- Anger and frustration at self and others
- Feelings of sadness, guilt, regret, depression
- Using alcohol and/or drugs to dull the emotional pain
- Difficulty sleeping or sleeping a lot
- Finding yourself overworking to avoid contact or to achieve success to prove a point
- May have difficulty maintaining meaningful relationships especially with the partner or friend that had the abortion
- If you were at the abortion clinic, experiencing flashbacks
GOING FOR HELP
We at the Shady Grove Pregnancy Center understand the need for some men to find an outlet to discuss the abortion. We offer specialized one-on-one counseling with a licensed professional.
Make an Appointment!